- Name, identify, and describe the important events of mitosis.
- Name, identify, and describe the important events of meiosis.
- Describe important similarities and differences between mitosis and meiosis.
- Differentiate between the following pairs of terms: chromatid and chromosome; single- and double-chromatid chromosomes; homologous and nonhomologous chromosomes; haploid and diploid.
- State Mendel's principles of segregation and independent assortment and explain their physical basis in meiosis.
- Model Mitosis and Meiosis
- Cell Division Construction Kit (CDCK)—public version available to everyone
All contents © 2003 Cornell University. All rights reserved.
Prepared by the BioG 1101-1104 Course Staff.
Comments to Introductory Biology: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: August 21, 2008